Read this implicit threat against Iran. Iran nuclear arms worst threat to security: Gates from Secretary of Defense Gates. He said to the Economic Club of Chicago:
Iran is the one that concerns me the most because there don't seem to be good options (or a scenario) where one can have any optimism that good options will be found….
[The threat of Iran rests not only in Iran's apparent determination to seek a nuclear weapon, but in the] … inability of the international community to affect their determination to do that….
All of the outcomes are negative... If they achieve one, the possibility of a nuclear arms race in the Middle East is very, very real….
If something is done to prevent them from getting one, the consequences of that are completely unpredictable and frankly, very bad.
And Secretary of State Clinton warned Iran in her speech to the Council on Foreign Relations that:
“…to these foes and would-be foes, let me say: You should know that our focus on diplomacy and development is not an alternative to our national security arsenal. You should never see America’s willingness to talk as a sign of weakness to be exploited. We will not hesitate to defend our friends and ourselves vigorously when necessary with the world’s strongest military. This is not an option we seek. Nor is it a threat; it is a promise to the American people.”
There is a way around this dangerous impasse over Iran’s growing nuclear capability. It is an American approved, Israeli air strike on Iran’s nuclear infrastructure. I predict this will happen.
The scenario has these stages.
(1) Israeli fighter-bombers attack Iran’s nuclear infrastructure using two Georgian airfields.
(2) Iran targets her surface to surface Shahab-3 missiles on Israel, and blockades the Strait of Hormuz with her naval and air forces.
(3) The U.S. moves its carrier task forces to keep open the crucial strait. About 17 million barrels of oil, more than any other oil chokepoint in the world, move through it daily and Iran cannot be allowed to close it.
(4) Military action between Iranian and American forces.
(5) Iran declares war on Israel and the U.S.
(6) Obama does not request a declaration of war from Congress, but does ask for a blank check to fight Iran. A huge majority approves.
(7) Obama appoints a “Military Czar” to oversee the undeclared war.